Now that Writing 201: Poetry is officially over, and also the 5-day Art/Poetry Challenge, I have returned to the practice of spreading my posts over my blogs according to content. It’s the Life Simplification Process (LSP) that I’ve been working. “A place for everything, and everything in its place” sort of thing.
- (NEW) — Stray Coffee Breaks: This is what it says. These are spur of the moment, mostly, with some reblogs from other of my blog posts. It is rather a stream-of-consciousness site fueled by the first coffee of the morning and before-bed cups of black tea. I don’t know how well it’s sheltered by it, but the setting is to discourage search engines. I started it for separating a second run through Writing 201: Poetry, but had a lot of breathing problems, &c.
- The Moments Between (this blog): Photos and Cooking.
- The Art of Disorder: Health, lifestyle, mundane mumblings, angst, &c. Also, now, some short stories.
- Quilted Poetry (WordPress): My poetry, other people’s, thoughts about poetry, possibly more poetry prompts someday. Writing 201: Poetry assignments are now on this poetry-oriented blog.
- Patchwork Prose: Book orders, pre-orders, opinions, and sometimes reviews
Patchwork Prose may end up with my SFPA Halloween Reading poems, because that is the only site to which I can upload audio files. In the meantime, the audio files for my Halloween poems remain on SFPA’s server.
Al and I both have our permanent domains (Patchwork Prose and his own) on the same server, so that when one or the other of us dies, the last one living will have options for the other’s digital legacy.
My energy levels are not adequate to reviving/continuing any of my previous domains. QuiltedPoetry(dot)com, TheWrittenWord(dot)net, QuietSpaces(dot)net and PostcardArt (dot)net expire in 2017, and I will not be renewing them.
The next time I feel up to it, before the end of this year, I will be canceling my hosting service for QuiltedPoetry(dot)com. I am no longer using it. It slowed down over the previous year, and with the renewal, became unusable. Shortly after, I received a notice that for slightly too much of an extra fee (and for each of the four domains), I could get the speed increased adequate to run WordPress on their servers.
And so, I have the lowest cost domain services on WordPress for theartofdisorder (net) and quiltedpoetry (net) and free hosting, also on WordPress, for themomentsbetween and straycoffee (Stray Coffee Breaks).
I am also present on Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal and Dreamwidth, Plus services on Google, and I remember signing up for some other stuff as placeholders only. I lost track of a lot of stuff when my previous laptop quit suddenly. I am sure I have that information on external HDs, but I am not inclined at this point to go hunting for it. I have all of my photographs and all of my writing that wasn’t lost when my Linux box/web server died in the early 2000s.
My mother and father turn 94 and 100, respectively, in 2016. This too holds unknowns as far as time commitments.